In celebration of Earth Day, Grand Park, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) and The Music Center will offer Downtown L.A.’s residents, workers, students and visitors ideas on how to live clean and go green at Earth Day L.A. For the fifth year, Angelenos can learn about energy efficiency and water conservation; take part in sustainable gardening tours; participate in composting, electric and solar vehicle demonstrations; and enjoy a walk-through of Grand Park’s sustainable landscaping.
This free event will feature:
- Fish Eyes Educational Workshops by Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, teaching kids to explore site-specific dances inspired by themes of water conservation, climate change and the environment. Dances are accompanied by the sculpture Fish Eyes, created to bring further awareness to parkgoers about the importance of water conservation. The sculpture will be on display April 16 – 22, 2018, on the Grand Park Community Terrace between Broadway and Hill Streets.
- Music by Claire Mills performing songs and stories about the Earth;
- E-waste drop off stations on Hill Street next to the Metro Station;
- Eyeglass donation stations;
- LADWP energy efficiency and water conservation information and giveaways;
- Displays of LADWP water trailer, solar trailer and electric vehicles;
- Children’s recycled art projects and activities;
- Tours of Grand Park’s sustainable landscaping;
- Composting workshops;
- Tree giveaways courtesy of City Plants for City of Los Angeles residents (L.A. resident verification required; one per household);
- Healthy lifestyle vendors;
- Kid-friendly yoga and boot camp sessions;
- Grand Park’s signature array of food trucks and food vendors;
- A family-friendly splash pad; and
- Enter-to-win prizes at the information booth.
WHEN: Thursday, April 19, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Grand Park, Downtown Los Angeles, 200 N. Grand Avenue (Between Grand Avenue and Broadway)
Take the METRO RED or PURPLE LINE to CIVIC CENTER/GRAND PARK STATION, GOLD LINE to LITTLE TOKYO/ARTS DISTRICT STATION
MORE INFO: Visit http://grandparkla.org/event/earth-day-la-2018
Latest posts by So Cal Life Mag Guest Post (see all)
- A Conversation With Jen Bilik– CEO, Author, and Lover of L.A. - September 18, 2018
- San Diego Takes Water Sports to the Extreme this Fall - September 17, 2018
- New Airport App - September 12, 2018