Pumpkin Spice Latte’s have officially arrived, so we wanted to share a few Carlsbad happenings going on now through November.
GIVE THANKS ALL SEASON LONG:
- Help celebrate the 35thAnniversary of Bike MS: Bay to Bay from October 21 – October 22 starting at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa both days. Voted best “Cycling Event” eight times by the readers of Competitor magazine, the Bike MS Bay to Bay ride is an annual cycling adventure hosting 2,500 participants along California’s beautiful Pacific south coast from Orange County to San Diego. There will also be a Virtual Spin event at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Proceeds from ticket purchases and race contestants help raise money to make a difference in the lives of people living with MS.
TASTE THE SEASON
- Give thanks all day long during Chandler’s at Cape Rey Carlsbad’s delectable five-course Prix-Menu Thanksgiving Mealon Thursday November 23 from 11am – 7:30pm. Enjoy fall flavored favorites including Harvest Pumpkin Bisque, Herb-Crusted Diestel Farm Turkey, and Harvest Pumpkin Pie with Maple Creme Anglaise.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends over a festive meal. From casual cafés to elegant culinary experiences, enjoy everyone’s favorite feast your way at Omni La Costa
TRICK-OR-TREAT AROUND TOWN
- Brick-or-Treat at LEGOLANDis back with more Halloween excitement and extended Park open hours until 9:30pm. The entire Park is open every Saturday night in October and filled with live entertainment, character meet and greets, costume contests (group, LEGO theme, most creative), treat stations with more than 1 million pieces of candy, Heartlake City Fall Festival with Pumpkin Patch Build and craft time with the LEGO friends, Hubble Bubble’s Dance Party, and SEA LIFE Pirate Booty Boogie. Plus, don’t miss special treats and decorations in SEA LIFE Aquarium.
- Cape Rey Resort & Spais the perfect stop for all the boys and ghouls this season with its Trick-or-Treating event, complete with candy for kids and cocktails. On October 31 guests can trick-or-treat from 5pm – 7pm, and sip on fall concoctions during an All Night Happy Hour at property restaurant, Chandler’s. Taste fall while sipping on an Autumn Russian at the bar, made with kahlua pumpkin spice, vodka, cream, over ice and sprinkle nutmeg on top – the muddled color of the cream is reminiscent of fog rising on a creepy night.
- See giant pumpkins, find your way through a corn maze, paint pumpkins and enjoy hay rides at Carlsbad Pumpkin Patch at the Carlsbad Strawberry Fieldson Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from Friday, September 29 – October 31, 9am – 6pm.
OTHER SEASONAL FUN
- Get involved during the Carlsbad Kid Cabinet Eventat Carlsbad City Beach on Saturday, October 21st, 2017 from 9am – 12pm. Test skills during the “sand capitol” building contest at Carlsbad City Beach for the chance to become the capitol of Carlsbad, Kidifornia’s architect, and become a part of the first official kid-cabinet of Carlsbad, Kidifornia. Enjoy games, refreshments, prizes, and beach fun with the family as Visit Carlsbad and Visit California establish the first kid cabinet of many across Kidifornia.
- Looking for the perfect holiday gift for the person who has everything?The Carlsbad Village Faire – the largest one-day street fair in the nation — has everything under the sun and returns to Carlsbad on November 5, 2016. The massive street faire will bring together over 900 vendors to the streets of Carlsbad from 8 am – 4 pm Sunday, providing event-goers with a wide variety of goods to purchase just in time for the Holiday Season, from art and photography to custom jewelry, vintage goods and leather bags.