It’s hard to believe that we are already in the middle of November. I love this time of year for many reasons, not the least of which are the smells that surround us and the flavors that consume our palate. So, naturally I’m thinking about all my favorite holiday dishes. This holiday creation is a family favorite and it’s too easy and healthy not to share.
Caramelized Butternut Squash with Red Onions
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed or cut in moons
- 2 large red onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- (bruschetta seasoning is a great compliment)
Position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 450°F.
Combine squash and onion on a parchment-lined baking sheet or piece of foil.
Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss evenly to coat. Spread in an even layer and scatter rosemary on top. Put baking sheet on top rack and reduce heat to 375°F. Roast, flipping vegetables once, until browned in spots, about 45 minutes.
Serve warm or chilled – either way is delicious. This makes a beautiful side dish for the holidays.
Submitted By Rachel Harshfield
Latest posts by So Cal Life Mag Guest Post (see all)
- Air Travel Etiquette: Five Major Don’ts for Sharing Cabin Space - February 11, 2020
- Health Conscious Winter Recipe - February 11, 2020
- 8 Hidden Beaches in San Diego to Discover This Fall - February 11, 2020