Green Beans Almondine is simply green beans dressed in butter, almonds, and a squeeze of lemon. Sometimes I add garlic or shallots to the beans, but it’s also good without. This is a side dish at most Thanksgiving tables. Its quick and easy and I have a bit of a twist to keep it healthier and use the calories elsewhere. With Thanksgiving being one of the biggest meals of the year with lots of carbs and sweet treats, green beans are the perfect low carb side because, not only are they are low in carbohydrates, they are high in fiber. In fact, 1 cup of raw green beans (4 ounces) has 8 grams total carbs and 4 grams fiber for a net carb count of 4 grams.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with avocado oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- 1 pound trimmed green beans
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup flaked or slivered almonds (reserve half for just before serving)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- cracked pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
Optional (either, not both)
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Wash and trim the green beans, cutting on an angle for a cleaner look. If using garlic or shallots, mince. Roll the lemon on the counter to make squeezing easier.
Submitted By Rachel Harshfield
- Travel California with The Outlets at Tejon - April 5, 2022
- Santa Clara River Estuary: A Hidden Beach Bird Party - March 21, 2022
- Find your Zen in one of these Southern California Gardens - March 16, 2022