Having hosted New Year’s Eve guests for 80 years, The Queen Mary, now settled in the Port of Long Beach, knows how to party in grand style. This year, she welcomes 2015 with Auld Lang ‘Shine,’ a New Year’s Eve gala celebrating her Scottish heritage and storied past. Featured are seven destinations from her 1966 Mediterranean cruise recreated with music, food, culture, entertainment and headliners including The Gypsy AllStars, Gypsy Kings Alumni, DJ Dennis Owens, DJ Lu and more.
With three and a half acres of the ship’s deck and salon space converted into spectacular settings in Italy, France, Spain, Greece, Morocco, Egypt and USA, you can seamlessly party from country to country. Destinations include:
- Cannes, France, where you enter the Royal Casino and French Cabaret to watch the Can-Can, Champagne Shows, and Moulin Rouge Cabaret by Bling Divas Entertainment.
- The Queen’s Salon becomes an exotic Spanish Flamenco Lounge in Cartagena, Spain with tapas and sangria flowing from the Matador Bar to the sounds of The Gypsy AllStars and Flamenco Duo.
- The Sports Deck transforms into a dynamic club scene in Mykonos, Greece with an LED dance floor adjacent to the Arena Bar against a backdrop of Greco ruins and busts of Grecian gods. A surprise guest DJ will be spinning electronic dance music.
- In the ship’s Britannia Salon, you’ll be amid the golden pyramids of Alexandria, Egypt as belly dancers and snake charmers perform while DJ Lu spins Top 40’s Hip Hop across from the Pharaoh Bar.
- Tangier, Morocco comes to life in a vibrant Moroccan pavilion offering The Dancing Fire Belly Harem, henna art, and beverages from the Elephant Bar.
- The Grand Salon’s Italian buffet and Gondola Bar transport you to Portofino, Italy to celebrate the country’s love of food, song and romance complete with singing gondoliers.
- Where else to be for the countdown than New York where partygoers sip on Manhattans at the Broadway Bar as the Grand Dueling Pianos perform in Verandah Grill. The Central Park-themed Sundeck is also where you participate in a Rockettes-style countdown culminating with a spectacular midnight fireworks show.
The party is from 8:00 pm to 2:00 am, and all guests must be at least 21 years of age. General admission of $99 gets you a “Cabin Class Boarding Pass” that includes admission to the ship’s “Cabin Class” decks, salons, bars, celebrations in five countries (France, Spain, Greece, Italy and New York) and midnight fireworks. The VIP “1st Class Boarding Pass” for $199 includes exclusive access to the “1st Class” and “Cabin Class” decks and salons featuring all seven countries plus four complimentary cocktails, party favors and premiere view of the midnight fireworks. Upgrade options include hotel packages aboard the vessel and New Year’s Day Brunch. Self-parking is $20, valet is $30. http://www.queenmary.com/events/new-years-eve/