Orange County Fashion Week® wrapped its style extravaganza on March 5th and SoCalLifeMag was on hand to experience all the fun and thrill of the week-long event.
The seven nights of glamour and glitz kicked off Friday, February 27th, with receptions, runway shows, art exhibits, after-parties and more sponsored by Toni & Guy Academy, Manna Kadar Cosmetics, and Betinnis in Brea, with proceeds benefitting a variety of charities. The red carpet hospitality was provided by Granite Escrow.
America’s Next Top Models and emerging talents were featured in collections by Porter South, Elizabeth Celaya, Jessica Johnson, and designer Jessica Huerta. Then a showcase of innovative fashion designers presented their lines, concluding with Lady Gaga’s latest eyewear, Muse.
Unlike Syle Week OC, OCFW is an independent operation unsupported by a single retailer, mall or design outlet. They produce fashion shows in support of all creative designer talent regardless of school or educational background.
OC Fashion Week® has developed a non-profit division in which elements are exclusively dedicated to “fashionably responsible initiatives and charitable giving.” The OC Fashion Council is a luxury market member-based advisory board of local retail buyers and luxury boutique owners who are dedicated to support all local education not exclusive to one fashion school.
Photos (left to right)
1) Local Corona Del Mar Designer, Brit B. opened and closed the Sugar Rush runway show with her BeachCandy Swimwear collection.
2) Designer Claire Farwell London showed off her timeless and elegant collection at the OC Fashion Week and, of course, came by to check out the latest issue of Southern California Life Magazine with Ad Exec, Hilary Bateman.
3) A show stopping moment with this vibrant ruby red sleeveless silk gown.
4) Designer gowns made their way down the runway to encouraging applause.
5) Victoria by Elizabeth, or VBE, is a relatively new designer specializing in the maxi skirt and pencil skirts. Pictured with So Cal Life Mag Ad Exec, Hilary Bateman. Victoria by Elizabeth was a fashionista favorite of the evening.