Co-starring with the 30th Santa Barbara International Film Festival January 27-February 7, the Santa Barbara Film Feast presents 12 days of VIP access to the top libations, dining, and exclusive lodging packages throughout Santa Barbara’s theater districts. Film Feast 2015, presented by Visit Santa Barbara and Downtown Santa Barbara, is also part of California Restaurant Month held each January to showcase the destination’s rich variety of dining experiences.
This year’s theme, 30 Years of Filmmaking, will be celebrated by both visitors and locals as they revisit their film favorites with cinema-inspired menus, tasting flights and hotel packages. To complement the world premieres, celebrity tributes, panel discussions and some 200 screenings, special menus include:
- Recipes from 1985, a seven-course menu inspired by film favorites of 1985 from “The Goonies” to “The Breakfast Club” offered by Barbareño
- Saluting the 2009 Italian film “I Am Love,” Crocodile Restaurant presents with exclusive wine pairings the prix fixe menu, I Am Prawns!, featuring bacon-wrapped prawns, filet mignon with portabella mushroom demi glaze, and a chocolate mousse cake.
- The three-course tasting menu at Eladio’s Restaurant & Bar honors 30 Years of Film with a salad inspired by the 2007 Pixar film “Ratatouille,” a second course of beef medallions inspired by the 1997 film “Titanic,” and a dessert — Planet of the Cakes inspired by “Planet of the Apes” (2001), “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” (2011), and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” (2014).
- Olio Crudo Bar and Olio e Limone Ristorante celebrate 30 years of Italian cinema with exclusive prix fixe menus.
- Margerum Wine Company hails the film “Vino Veritas” with Love, Wine, and the Truth, an exclusive tasting menu highlighting locally-produced boutique wines.
- Ty Lounge at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara is debuting three specialty cocktails inspired by this year’s festival honorees: Imbibe with a Birdman Martini, an Outstanding Carell Collins and a Cousteau Margarita.
Cinema-centric LODGING SPECIALS
- A VIP experience at the luxurious Bacara Resort & Spa features accommodations, two spa services, and access to amenities including a Redwood sauna, zero-edge saline pool and rooftop terrace.
- An ocean-view king room at Hotel Milo offers a VIP welcome amenity, bottle of wine and four Mini Paks Access to the film festival.
- A tasting flight of three classic film-inspired cocktails will be featured at The Good Bar at Kimpton Hotel’s The Goodland
- Date Night, including a restaurant gift card and bottle of wine at the Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, honors Steve Carell for his Outstanding Performer of the Year Award.
- With Cheshire Cat Inn’s 30th Anniversary Too and Secret Garden Inn & Cottages‘ 30 Years of Filmmaking packages, guests will enjoy film festival passes in addition to accommodations, breakfast, and other perks at two of Santa Barbara’s most charming hideaways.
Additional special offers are available at the Belmond El Encanto, Hotel Indigo, Hotel Santa Barbara, Ramada Santa Barbara, and Spanish Garden Inn.
Check out all offers at www.santabarbaraca.com/filmfeast
SHARE YOUR RED CARPET EXPERIENCE… AND WIN!
Locate Your Golden “Co-Star” and win a Santa Barbara getaway and other great prizes during Film Feast 2015! Participating locations will provide Film Feast guests with a coaster or “co-star.” Take a photo with your “co-star” with your Film Feast menu item, libation, or hotel package, include the hashtag #SBFilmFeast, and upload to Twitter or Instagram as your contest entry. Click here for contest details.
Film Feast 2015 photo courtesy of Visit Santa Barbara
Photos Above (left to right):
Olio Crudo Bar’s Tonno Rosso photo courtesy of Visit Santa Barbara/Gary Moss
Grassini Family Vineyards Tasting Room courtesy of Visit Santa Barbara/Shannon Spence
Belmond El Encanto Dining Terrace photo of Visit Santa Barbara/El Encanto