Celebrating the 100th birthday of music legend Frank Sinatra, The US Grant in San Diego’s dynamic Gaslamp Quarter is staging a major three-night event June 18-20 starring award-winning actor/singer Richard Shelton as Sinatra accompanied by some of Sinatra’s original band mates. In addition to signature performances in the Presidential Ballroom, the hotel is offering a “Sinatra Package” for those who want to overnight which includes two tickets to that night’s show and a special crafted Jack Daniels gift item.
- Thursday, June 18: Behind Those Blue Eyes with Ol’ Blue Eyes’ original band mates Mike Lang (piano), Chuck Berghofer (bass) and Gregg Field (drums). Singer Richard Shelton transforms himself into Sinatra as he dons one of Sinatra’s original tuxedos to share stories and perform a set of Sinatra classics. Price is $120 per person, plus processing fee. Ticket includes one seat, a welcome glass of champagne, hosted appetizers during a pre-show reception, and photo opportunity with Richard Shelton as Sinatra after the show.
- Friday, June 19: Frank’s Way honors Sinatra’s humble beginnings as a saloon singer with the Presidential Ballroom transforming into “The Little Club” with Mike Lang on piano and Shelton as Sinatra. Songs range from ‘One For My Baby’ to ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ and the ‘My Way.’ $120 per person, plus processing fee. Ticket prices and amenities same as Thursday night.
- Saturday, June 20: The Main Event, Our Way. After three years of retirement, Sinatra returned to the stage at Madison Square Garden and 20,000 fans, a mega event televised live throughout the country. Tonight Elliot Deutsch’s 12-piece swing band accompanies Shelton through Sinatra’s original set with lots of surprises. After the show, the celebration continues with an open dance floor. $165 per person, plus processing fee. Ticket includes one seat, intermezzo dinner reception featuring hosted chef’s stations, desserts and Fonté espresso bar, plus a post-show photo op with Shelton as Sinatra.
A San Diego icon since 1910, The US Grant, built by the son of President Ulysses S. Grant, evolved from a successful speakeasy during Prohibition to hosting 14 U.S. presidents including Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The 270 guest rooms are complemented with storied amenities starting with a stunning lobby adorned with crystal chandeliers, hand-loomed silk carpets and $5.6 million in artwork.
www.sinatraatthegrant.eventbrite.com or call 619-232-3121.
Photos courtesy of Richard Shelton.
Latest posts by Linda Lang (see all)
- Discover the Temecula Valley ~ The Southland’s Premier Wine Country - October 18, 2017
- Santa Anita Park: The Legend Continues - June 12, 2017
- 5 Most Heavenly Cupcake Shops on Earth - May 9, 2017