By Samantha Schindler
We’re lucky here in SoCal to be able to enjoy delicious food while being swept up in some of the best ocean views. You don’t have to dip your toes in the water or press into the sand if you don’t want to. Our beachfront restaurants provide diners with some of the most beautiful coastlines that Southern California has to offer. Here are a few of our favorites where you can enjoy the ocean while being spoiled with amazing food.
- Geoffrey’s in Malibu
- Perched on a romantic Malibu hillside, Geoffrey’s offers a spectacular view of the curving Southern California coastline. Its flower-filled patio is a romantic spot for a candlelight dinner or Sunday brunch. To avoid disappointment, make reservations because it books up quickly, especially in the summer months.
- SALT Restaurant and Bar in Marina del Rey
- Situated at the end of Bali Way, SALT is surrounded by views of the marina and its beautiful yachts. The main dining room is indoors with a lounge section offering happy hour at the bar, outdoor patio or communal table. But the romantic terrace with sunset vistas is the place to sit. SALT Restaurant & Bar is an ideal escape for a drink, appetizer or a full dinner. Don’t pass up this hidden gem located in the Marina del Rey Hotel.
- The Strand House in Manhattan Beach
- The Strand House is a multi-level restaurant that makes the most of its location with large windows framing the Pacific Ocean and Manhattan Beach pier. The best view is from the dining room and bar on the upper level, which has a handful of tables. The Strand Bar occupies the first floor, and there is also a wine cellar below that can double as a private dining venue. The Strand House is not meant to be a white tablecloth temple of gastronomy, but they are serious about the food here.
- Venice Whaler in Venice
- Located on the Venice Beach Boardwalk right by the pier, Venice Whaler has attracted food aficionados since 1944. Downstairs is a bar area with tables and chairs, while the upstairs seating features unobstructed views of the pier and the coast. The Chef goes to the farmers market four times a week to select fresh and seasonal produce to create his casual, yet thoughtful and tasty, menu.
- Duke’s in Huntington Beach
- Walking into Duke’s feels like stepping into a tropical party on the beach. A charming Hawaiian woman offers leis to guests as they are led to their table, each with its own spectacular view of waves crashing on the pier. The dining room is filled with families, some grabbing a bite to eat after spending the day in the ocean and others who are spending the day on Main Street. The light-hearted atmosphere encourages everyone to let loose, have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
- Splashes in Laguna Beach
- Splashes, located in Laguna Beach’s Surf and Sand Resort, treats guests to delectable seafood dishes while hovering over the beach. Splashes décor is centered around natural wood tones and warm colors, highlighting the azure ocean framed by the windows that line the walls. Menu items include lobster bisque, king salmon, and seared scallops. For those not in the mood for seafood, there are other options such as short ribs. There is also an extensive wine, beer and cocktail menu to choose from.
- 3Thirty3 in Newport Beach
- 3Thirty3 offers a private view of the Newport Marina, where diners sit directly above the rippling water. As the sun sets, the environment transitions into a nightlife scene. Friends move from the bar to the wrap-around couches overlooking the water to order a round of drinks. The posh lounge area is open late – perfect for a pre-club drink or after-party munchies any night of the week.
- Poseidon del Mar in Del Mar
- The Poseidon Del Mar is a local favorite and coastal landmark. Known for serving fantastic seafood and locally sourced ingredients, it offers a fun and lively oceanfront ambiance. They offer customers freshly prepared seafood, meats, produce, and pastas along with the amazing views of the ocean.
- The Marine Room in La Jolla
- For more than 75 years The Marine Room has offered its patrons a spectacular seaside panorama with unique and inventive seasonal dishes, making it one of the region’s most iconic dining destinations. Since opening in 1941, The Marine Room has become famous for the pounding surf that creates dramatic displays outside the restaurant windows. All of the tables offer incredible reach-out-and-almost-touch views of the incoming water allowing patrons to enjoy the food and the high tide outside inches away.
- The Boathouse on the Bay in Long Beach
- The Boathouse on the Bay offers spectacular water views, amazing sunsets, and an outstanding dining experience. Located on Alamitos Bay, the steak and seafood restaurant serves a variety of seafood, steak, sushi, sashimi, oysters, and cocktails. Come for the happy hour, live entertainment, amazing views, and exceptional service and cuisine. They also have live music and dancing seven nights a week.
Enjoy some of the fresh seafood these beautiful beachfront restaurants have to offer as well as the atmosphere and relaxation the beach has to offer. You’ll leave feeling satisfied and very happy.
Latest posts by So Cal Life Mag Guest Post (see all)
- Art, Harvest & Wine Make the Perfect BlendFor Fall Sojourn to Lompoc - September 20, 2018
- 2nd Annual Dine & Donate Event on September 26 - September 20, 2018
- ResortPass Is Revolutionizing Luxury Vacations and Daycations - September 20, 2018