With pristine beaches and endless sunshine, Carlsbad visitors will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the sun, and surf like the pros. They can dance the night away at outdoor concerts and music festivals, enjoy pool parties, savor extremely fresh seafood, and relax with seasonal spa treatments in this quintessentially SoCal town.
Below is a look on how to savor summer in Carlsbad from now through August:
FOR THE POOL PARTIER
- New this summer to Omni La Costa Resort & Spa’sinfinity Edge Pool and exclusively for adults 21 and up, Edge Day Club debuts to guests seeking a playful and relaxing experience complete with perfectly poured crafted cocktails, bottle service options, and tempting culinary creations in their musically drenched outdoor venue. Starting Memorial Day weekend, the day club will be open seven days a week from June 9-August 27.
- Go VIP with Cape Rey’s premium poolside cabana rentals, now availableto hotel guests for the very first time and to locals as well. Each luxury cabana offers personal service, an assortment of fruit and non-alcoholic drinks, complimentary WiFi, television, privacy drapes and VIP amenities.
- Join the fun at FunTopia, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa’snew family poolside party at the Garden Pool. Face off with life-size board games or compete in family-friendly contests and activities. The party also features kid-approved fare, a gourmet s’mores bar and adult beverages. Starting Memorial Day weekend, Funtopia will happen seven days a week from June 9-August 27.
FOR THE FRESH FOODIE
- Visit Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort’sSunset Terrace – a new outdoor, ocean view cocktail and raw bar will launch Memorial Day weekend featuring fresh seafood favorites such as oysters on the half shell, yellowtail crudo, and a day boat seafood platter filled with seasonal finds from the sea. Guests can share plates and a fun, seasonally-focused signature cocktail menu while enjoying live music every Thursday through Saturday through Labor Day.
- Guests can explore new menu additions inspired by warm weather, long days in the sun and the coastal inspiration at Chandler’s at Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort. Summer menu highlights include the Summer Cello cocktail, Ponto Presscocktail, the Whoopie “Ice Cream” Pie, and a seasonal Strawberry Pistachio Tart.
FOR THE BEACH BUNNY
- On June 4, 2017, Tamarack Beach will come alive with an annual surf contest known as the State Beach Classic– a Tribute to Banning Capps. Bring your family/friends to watch all ability and age levels, from young groms to old masters, show off their moves and kick off the summer season.
- Book a lesson with a skilled professional surf instructor, rent surfboardsor bikes, and shop the latest retail from all the top surf manufacturers in the world at Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort’s new Surf Ride Adventure Lounge (debuting in June). Plus, guests are welcome to capture their adventures on a complimentary GoPro camera and get editing tips from Surf Ride’s trained staff.
- Don’t move a finger with Cape Rey’sBeach Butler Service where butlers pre-arrange chairs, chaise loungers, umbrellas, towels and bottled water in the sand (exclusively for hotel guests).
FOR THE SPA SEEKER
- Enjoy one of Ocean Crest Spaat Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort’s new summer menu highlights (available from July 1 – September 30), including the Soothing Aloe & Lavender Body Wrap and Massage and the Citrus Fusion Energizing Scrub and Massage.
- Kick back every Thursday at Ocean Pearl Spalocated at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. for Spa Happy Hour including appetizers, two glasses of champagne or wine, any 50 minute treatment for $99 or 80 minute treatment for $129, and any Nail Service 25% off.
FOR THE EVENTS ENTHUSIAST
- From June 3 to August 31 The Museum of Making Music will be home to the fully interactiveSummer of Innovation exhibit.
- Enjoy a Bloody Mary bar and appetizers while you check out outfits from Hulabelle Swimwear, JamieWooning, Lilly Pulitzer, Audrey’s Boutique, LiveWell and Coastal Dunes on June 17, 2017during a fashion show at theOmni La Costa Resort & Spa’s Plaza during San Diego’s Fashion Week.
- Celebrate the end of the week with free TGIF Concerts in the Parksevery Friday from 6 – 8 p.m. starting June 23 thru August 18, 2017. With a variety of food vendors, hands-on art activities for all ages, green grass for hanging out with friends and family, top quality live music and a dance floor to boogie the night away, TGIF has everything you need for a great night out in Carlsbad. For a more robust experience listen to the music during the 14th Annual Carlsbad Music Festival on August 25-27, 2017.
- Test your endurance at the Carlsbad Triathlonon July 9, 2017. The course begins at Tamarack Surf Beach, and follows the coastline of Carlsbad, past scenic beaches, lagoons and a wildlife preserve. This sprint triathlon boasts a 1k ocean swim, a 25k rolling bike course and a 5k smooth run for the finish.
- Cheer on the San Diego Aviators of Mylan World Team Tennisas they compete against some of the world’s top ATP and WTA tour professionals on July 16 to August 5 at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa’s Center Court.