For the second year in a row, Terranea turns pink for the month of October in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! A destination hotel located in Rancho Palos Verdes, Terranea Resort is just an hour south of Los Angeles.
Guests who visit the resort during this time will see Terranea through rose-colored glasses, as they enjoy all things pink resort-wide, including pink flowers, pink lighting, glasses of rosé upon arrival, and pink food and beverage offerings, all while giving back. A portion of the proceeds from on-property activities, amenities and accommodations will be donated to national organizations like Play for P.I.N.K., benefitting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and local groups like Cancer Support Community of Redondo Beach, which offers a free comprehensive program of emotional support and education to people with cancer and their loved ones, at any stage of their cancer diagnosis.
Some of the pink specialty offerings guests can expect at Terranea in support of National Breast Cancer Month are below. We would be tickled pink if you would consider this unique initiative for any fall travel stories or event listings you may be working on.
- Dining– Guests will be tickled pink by the selection of rose-hued desserts served at sea beans, the resort’s café, including Pink Macarons ($3.75); Pink Sugar Cookie six-packs ($13.50); Pink Brulé Kronuts ($5.50); pink cake lollypops ($5.50); and pink cake trifle sold in jars ($9.50). They will also take delight in the Pink Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes ($8.95), with $.50 donated for each dessert sold in the month, and the Pink Dove Cocktail ($14), which will be available resort-wide with $2.00 donated for each beverage sold. To add to the fun, resort chefs will don pink chef jackets and One Hope Rosé by the Glass will be offered in catalina kitchen, bashi and the Lobby Bar for $12.00 with $1.00 donated to the fund.
- Spa/Fitness– The Spa at Terranea guests are sure to feel rejuvenated after enjoying the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Scrub, of which $1.00 from each treatment will be donated to the fund. Guests will also be given breast exam cards to raise awareness for self-care, while yoga lovers are invited to take part in Full Moon Yoga under the autumn full moon. Participants are asked to wear pink attire, bring a yoga mat and $20 for contribution to local charity, Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach. For those who work up a thirst, Pink Strawberry Lemonade will be served at the Spa Café, with $.50 donated for each one sold in October.
- Golf – On Saturday, October 7, 2017, Terranea will host Birdies for Breast Cancer. Proceeds from event entry will directly support Cancer Support Community of Redondo Beach. The event will feature live music, food & wine tastings, raffle prizes, live and silent auctions, games and kid’s activities for all ages. All paid participants receive complimentary child care for ages 4 and up provided by Terranea’s Tide Pool Kid’s Club from 8:00AM – 1:00PM. 10am – 3pm Marketplace & Luncheon. $85 Adults | $45 Children 17 and Under
- Retail– Marea Boutique will showcase jewelry brand Gorjana’s pink gemstone line by offering 10% off the entire collection. At Pointe Discovery, guests can also shop for pink Pura Vida bracelets and pink s’well bottles, with a 10% donation made from all sales of these items.
- Last but not least, for every recreational activity booked in October, Terranea will donate $5 to Play For P.I.N.K.