This week, VIVOBAREFOOT launched The Primus Lite II Bio. The new plant-based shoe is made with corn, algae and other natural materials. Making The Primus Lite II Bio better for both you and the environment.
Fun The Primus Lite II Bio Facts:
- The Primus Lite II Bio is VIVOBAREFOOT’s most innovative sustainable shoe to-date and one of the world’s first plant-based performance shoes.
- The new vegan shoe is designed with over 30 percent renewable plant-based materials, including Bio TPU made from yellow dent field corn, natural rubber and harvested algae called Bloom, instead of single-use petroleum materials. The award-winning design weighs on average an estimated 10 percent less than today’s standard performance shoes.
- VIVOBAREFOOT’s sustainability ethos is uniquely different from other footwear brands in the industry, as it is rooted in design, wellness and social impact, along with utilizing eco-friendly materials. By 2020, the company aims to use 90 percent sustainable materials across their entire range, and 100 percent by 2021.
- More than 20 billion pairs of shoes are made annually, most from petrochemicals, which have a harmful impact on the environment, contributing to the already serious effects of climate change. The plant-based materials in the Primus Lite II Bio shoe are sourced and managed responsibly, reducing water, energy and CO2 emissions, improving waste water and ultimately reducing their ecological footprint.
- Follow this link for more info about the process to make the Bio shoe, a breakdown of materials and VIVO’s sustainability initiatives
#MoreFeelingMorePlants #Vivobarefoot #LiveBarefoot